The Littlest Things

Hey All,
 HAPPY FRIDAY.. Love and blessings my from house to yours.. however I wont pass the sicky germs over to your house with those blessings..

But I will share this..

Have you ever noticed that sometimes its not the BIG HUGE going all out things we do for people or ourselves but the little things..They make the difference to me.. a nicely laid out table always makes me want to sit down and share a meal with someone..

A nicely laid out Snack area (even if its just coffee with the gals) to me says.. I care about you.. I wanted it to look special for you..


When we moved into our home.. I was determined to have a nice table. one that people would saw "OH WOW look at her table" Ya.. didnt happen.. I bought some very nice placemats on sale at target.. however I was the silly homemaker who decided to wash AND DRY them.. ruined.. they  no longer held there beautiful shape.. they were all wrinkled up.. BRING IN THE IRON.. I can not count on one hand how many times ive ironed since Ive been married.. its just not my thing.. if we have a special event.. I steam the shirt in the dryer with a damp cloth.. gets the wrinkles out.. But I was sick of my table not being pretty with the placemats.. so I now take the 10 minutes after i wash and dry them to iron them.. BRINGS THEM BACK TO LIFE.. I also found a small pot of Flourettes for 2.99 at my local grocery store.. With my Spring Fever I needed some color..


My mom pals and I try to get together for coffee as often as we can.. these women are so amazing.. have helped me through quite a few storms in the short time we have been friends.. when Its my turn to host I want them to know I care.. I cant always do that with saying.. HEY I CARE.. sometimes I want to show them.. BUT HOW.. on a low or no cost, cash only budget Im on.. I have to get creative.. so this past week when we got together I took the time to make sure my server was clean and free of clutter and laid out our spread for coffee.. Nothing super fancy.. but I felt personally the presentation and time I took was a way of saying I CARE. also looks nice too..lol

Next time your feeling down about not being able to do something Big and extravagant for your friends or family.. think about what you have to work with.. how can you make what you already have nice..


Much Love and Blessings on This Friday morning..

Stay tuned.. Im 99.9% sure my bathroom will be back together this weekend..
Finally got the half of the bathroom with our downstairs shower done and cleaned.. felt so nice to not have to shower in my clawfoot tub with a mountain of shower curtain in my way..lol..

Shanun

Comments

Popular Posts