Airing my DIRTY LAUNDRY

Happy Tuesday... A little bit cooler here in Southern NH today.. but its still sunny and I do not see snow.. so I'm happy..lol..

SOOO today I'm talking about dirty laundry.. I actually wasn't going to post today since I didn't feel I had much to say.. but ALAS.. irritation can you get you far sometimes..lol

What am I irritated at?? MY IPHONE.. man oh man.. my smart phone is being stupid.. I cant get my wifi to work.. Its not a router issue as my ipad is working fine and I reset the router and everything.. Ive done every tip known to man to get it working on my phone.. NOTHING.. NADA.. I am not connected to the outside world..lol.

Ive spent my morning on an apple forum trying other peoples tips and tricks and just got more and more and more irritated i finally decided I just needed to put the phone down.. at the end of the day I would have been really mad at myself if I spent the day trying to get a stupid device to work while sitting in a messy house.. 

I was working on laundry in the basement and had to pull out my daughters bed sheets.. SHEETS.. the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.. they never look like they did when you bought them.. all nice and neat.. while folding towels that were mixed in with the sheets I thought of Kelly over at "The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking"

I knew she had a cool way of doing it so they looked nice and would actually fit where they belong.. So I sat and read over it a few times... THEN I TACKLED my daughters twin sheets.. Surprisingly her tips worked.. I had sheets that looked nice and neat.. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.. 29 years of messy folded sheets and the answers were simple and right in front of me..


Here is the Link to Kelly's blog to learn how to fold.. and below are the pics of my adventure into my laundry...lol

TCGTIH- How to Fold SHEETS



This is the linen closet on the second floor.. THIS is how it has been for about a year.. I keep washing the same sheets over and over again just to avoid trying to find sheets in this MESS.. I know, how wasteful.. A closet full of sheets I never use...lol.. THAT'S ABOUT TO CHANGE..





Here is what I started with.. My daughters clean twin bedsheets fresh from the dryer..

I started with twin because my queen size bed sheets are over sized.. so I felt like I would just get even more frustrated..





I just want to state.. before today.. my sheets NEVER looked like this when they were folded.. I did do it a tad bit different than Kelly.. but her basic tips led me to the neatness you now see..lol.. THIS INCLUDES THE DREADED FITTED SHEET





My first pile I  brought down from the closet..

Her biggest suggestion that worked for me.. was having a good large clean workspace..The dining room table worked out well..



full size set (guest room sheets)



Here are the rest.. some are guest room, so now they sit neatly on a shelf in the guest room.. WOO HOO...something nice to display..lol



Here is the closet now.. I need hubby to build a few more shelves as this is just the top of the closet.. the bottom half has NOTHING.. well dust bunnies on the floor..lol



There you have it.. SUCCESS.. and to be honest it did not take long AT ALL.. maybe 30 minutes to fold about 6 sets of sheets.. once I got the basics down I was able to blow through the rest with no problems..

If you have this issue I highly suggest trying her method.. It works and its quick.. I will forever fold my sheets this way..

Thanks Kelly..


Much Love and Blessings- Shanun




Comments

Popular Posts