Dust Dust Dust

hey all. another Sunday post while the kiddos watch a movie with there Daddio.. The roast I spoke of in the last post is about 20 minutes away from being on a plate and in my belly..lol.. waiting for veggies and potatos to boil..

ok first off this has to be a TOTAL judgement free post..

We close on our house December 27th of 2011.. YAY right.. well one thing I noticed when I moved in that I didnt really think about before was that every window in my house minus the sunroom has those venetian (sp) blinds.. I thought.. Oh in a few months Ill do a good clean.. they were all brand new and sparkly white at the time.. well here we are January of 2013 and I have never done more than open and close them.. WHOOPS.. as you can imagine with 2 cats and a new puppy.. they probably are scary looking.. OUCH..

ITS TIME to take the challenge to clean them.. but HOW..
Some of you have probably seen the following post on Pinterest

Cleaning Blinds

NOW.. am not objecting to this idea.. WHATSOEVER.. probably once or twice a year.. especially when we open up the windows in spring and close up shop for the winter I should get this done..

but really?? you want me to do this everytime I want to clean my blinds??

I THINK NOT.. thats thousands of those stupid white strips i would have to wash with a sock and vinegar.. NO THANK YOU..

Now I have seen in stores like walmart and target this item.. it has a handle and on top these 3 microfiber wedges that you slip between the blinds and BAM there clean.. ya ok.. well Im not wasting 8 bucks on something like that..

HOWEVER I will spend $1 at our local dollar store on seriously, the same exact thing...
and to top it off.. IT WORKS.. i mean works.. there is no dust on my blinds.. in the picture you can see the dust..
Now for the best part..
even the dollar store version microfiber pads are removable.. when your done with your blinds or in my case at this point.. 1 windows worth of stupid white slats.. you can throw it right in your washing machine.. and bam.. its clean for another round of cleaning the blinds.. or in my case.. the next window..lol..

Easy fix

Happy Cleaning

Shanun



here it is.. 1 whole dollar for these ingenious invention. you can see the dust.. thats from half a window worth of blind slats..NASTAYYY

Comments

Popular Posts