Its a Start- Command Center

ok.. so its rest time around here.. YAY for me.. some me time to work on the projects that are not very workable while the kids are awake..

Today I decided not to participate in the tip from Kellys blog.. its just not anything I need or have the materials to make...

however if you are interested.. here is todays link

Day 7- DIY Pocket Organizer

however this past weekend while Hubs was cleaning out the basement.. He found all my old office stuff from when we had our old apartment.. I knew I saved it for a reason.. SUPER excited because I want and NEED a command center BADLY.. but just did not have the funds to buy or make one..

SOOO recycling old items is FINE BY ME..

Here is the space PRE basic set up

 
OK.. here you can see the desk I refinished the past weekend.. Its in place.. YAY.. just the simple fact I can have my printer in the same room as my computer was enough for me to be happy...

 
In this photo you can see I have ALOT of wall space to work with..
 

 
Here are the items Hubby found in the basement..
I believe I got the 4 corkboard pieces at staples.. same for the bill bins..
the calender was a walmart purchase.. its a black white board so it takes a special marker.. BOOOO
Im going to have to find a fine tip one.. i hate writting with big Fat Markers...

 
Here is a closer look..its 4 cork tiles, a couple of vegetable cans, obviously empty (and I have a can opener that just takes the seal off.. no sharp edges.., 2 magazine racks that I use as bill holders, then the blackboard calender...
 
 
 
While Im sure I could fill up quite a few of these things.. the idea is to keep it simple.. right now I just have a PAID and TO BE PAID bin.. i found labels off Pinterest, print and cut.. and again.. no special tape.. just clear packaging tape..
I like the idea of a paid and to be paid area.. at any given time I can see the physical bill that needs to be paid.. account number, phone number etc.. i also made my command center close to the phone.. i NEVER remember to have things in hand when I call a customer service about a bill. I know my phone is cordless but still, Its irritating to not be able to find what you want when you need it.. Now its right in front of me.

 
here you can see the cans.. I had some paper leftover from the desk. so I wrapped the cans in the paper.. it is currently housing pens, and some blank Blog Posting notes.
Also on the corkboard I have a few Blog Ideas up for upcoming posts..
 
So.. heres the shell.. it needs some flair and style.. but I dont want to rush it. I just wanted the base up.. that way I can sit with it for a bit.
Maybe next time Im at the dollar store, hobby lobby or the christmas tree shops I can see an item and think.. YES that would look perfect with the command center.. If I did not even have an idea of where things could go.. I would be lost.. also Pictures are saved on my phone...
SHANUN TIP:
If you have a space you are working on.. Take the picture on your phone.. Bring it with you.. if your at the christmas tree shop thinking. hmmmm i dont know if this picture will look ok, now you can see what  might go and might not go...just be careful if your matching colors.. I dont trust any phone on capturing color..
 
POSSIBLE DECORATING IDEAS
 
-A Initial Letter from Hobby Lobby.. a nice fat C would go nice somewhere..



-TONS and TONS of cool subway art printables on Pinterest.. Best part is they are free.. all you need is to print the item and frame it.. super cheap.. you can get decent frames at dollar tree or Christmas tree shops..
 
 
-A floating shelf.. to maybe put a photo or 2 on, i have quite a few knick knacks, and PLENTY of
willow tree figurines to display...
 


 
A LARGE family photo..
-Iron Keys-- Ive been eyeing a few sets of smaller and Larger Iron keys at Hobby Lobby.. i also have my iphone app that give me a 40% off coupon to show the cashier.. thinking it might be time to start using those things..
 
 
 
 
-Custom Art. A friend of my recently took some old pallet pieces and white washed them, then she did some nail and string art.. IT IS BEAUTIFUL over her fireplace
 
You can find links for DIY on this project on google or on Pinterest..
 
 
- A few more smaller cans, to hold paper clips, thumb tacs, etc etc
See.. these are the possibilities.. and Im just going off what spews out of my head.. this was not a planned out post...
 

Comments

Popular Posts