The OCD Need to Have Red in my Kitchen

So.. like most women, I have dreamed of the day I would see a beautiful Kitchen Aid Stand mixer in my kitchen. It would help me make my dinner and baked goodies with ease and precision..
Ohhh how Ive always wanted one...

well about 8 years of being together with my husband, he finally caught on that I wanted one of these bad boys, then he saw the price tag.. I think he thought.. hmm maybe someone else will get it so I dont have to spend that amount of money..lol..

Well he is a good hubby, and around christmas time he started looking for deals.. He found a Kitchen Aid mixer on sale at Macys.. and not just on sale.. SUPER SALE.. let just say for arguments sake.. around 50% off the orginal price of the KitchenAid Classic Stand mixer....

HOWEVER, it was one of those one day sale things, he would need to be at the store early to ensure this deal, but he works crazy hours and generally does not take time off unless its an emergency, enter my Mother In Law...

She went and secured this beauty for me..

Now I generally like Black or stainless steel appliances. Fridge, oven, dishwasher, microwave. I like my appliances to match.. so when I figured out this was going down i tried to express to my husband the color that was needed (i know what a spoiled ungreatful wife I am) but the OCD monster in me that needs to have things match kind of took over...

heres where the crash came-

"Shanun, im sorry but the super sale is only on the KitchenAid Classic in RED"

I was kind of thrown.. red?? i like red but as an appliance on my counter when everything is black and stainless steel, when my countertops have sooooo much black and gray in them.. i cant make red work.. BUT i wanted my mixer..

So I said.. well it is what it is.. Ill make it work..

and So began the need to bring red into my kitchen...

this is why in a lot of post you will see me add red ribbon to things, Im trying to help my mixer Blend Into my kitchen..

you will see in yesterdays Post I added red ribbons to my counter canisters, as well as to my mason jar that holds my straws..

 here is my beautiful RED mixer that I recieved as a Christmas Gift this past year from my husband

 
and I just want to say.. mixing food with this bad boy.. makes it taste better.. I swear.. must be something on the coating of the mixing boal..
 
Much Love and Blessings on this Snowy Wednesday
 
Shanun
 
PS... the RED kitchenaid mixer model works just as good as any other color model I have seen. :)

Comments

Popular Posts