Eggalicious Easter

Happy Monday All,

Sorry to leave you hanging.. we made a random trip to Western MA to visit my parents.. was a long weekend but def worth the 3 hour drive..

However we got home yesterday and my Daughter is SICK.. AGAIN..

Let me give you the running tally of the past  month and a half..

Started with me having laryngitis.. I went to the docs and 24 hours later I had a stuffy nose, cold, that had aches and pains and a low grade fever.. which I promptly passed on to my daughter.. Who promptly passed it on to my son.. not 3 days into this cold for him he got Pink eye.. which he promptly passed to me.. we made it about a week off the Pink eye meds and my son had strep throat.. he finished his Antibiotics on Sunday.. we come home yesterday to my daughter being sick. aches, pains and a fever.. Poor kiddos.. Spring can not make it here fast enough.. Snow is melting and sun and warm weather are in the forecast.. hoping she feels less achy tomorrow so we can start taking more walks..


WELL with one child out of commission and the other happily playing thomas the train I took the opportunity to do my end of the Easter Decorations..

My Husband and Daughter colored eggs last weekend.. so her fun of the deco is done.. MOMMAS TURN..


I started with a search on pinterest for free Easter Printables..

I came across ALOT of things such as this..



I did not save the link which I should have.. but the picture on the left came in MANY different color schemes.. Liked this one the best for my dining room (the room I tend to decorate the most for holidays)

I felt that yes Easter is fun and games, bunnies, chocolate and fun fun fun.. but its also a very important holiday.. The day Christ Rose from the grave.. so a cross I thought was nice to add as well..

I ended up on this website which will FOREVER be bookmarked


Click on the Free Printable section and you will forever have holiday printables, party invitations, banners etc etc.. FOR FREE..

I found an Easter pattern i REALLY liked so I printed the banner and cupcake wrappers.. My mother was nice enough to help me laminate them all this past weekend.. we cut, laminated.. then cut again.. She even gave me some nice robins egg blue ribbon to string the banner...







hard to see but it says HAPPY EASTER.. each letter is the shape of an egg with a different patterned paper on each..







The Center..





I felt like a banner was great.. YAY ME..lol.. but we needed a little more pizazz.. back to pinterest.. found a fabulous idea where someone used their chandelier as a decorative piece instead of just lighting..




I had found some pastel plastic easter eggs on sale... While stocking up for the kids baskets I thought I would stock up on some for possibly next year since I always lose them.. NOPE. found a better use..






I took each egg and used my handy dandy scissors and punched a hole in them..

I then put my ribbon through the hole and tied a knot on the piece of ribbon now INSIDE the egg.. this kept the ribbon from flying back out..





I hung some in different lengths from the chandelier..






Then I added some Easter Grass.. this is nice and high and out of pets and kids reach so I figured it was ok..






And here are the Easter eggs that my Daughter and hubby decorated.. the ones that have survived anyways..lol..  my son has taken to reaching up and grabbing one here or there and dropping them..


Easter is less than a week away.. Ive been preparing for a while.. Baskets this year will contain minimal Candy and something special for each child.. My Daughter will be getting her First Bible.. which Im super excited about.. hoping she will be as well.. My son is getting a veggie tales DVD.. since hes starting to get into veggie tales.. Minimal candy in the basket as we will be doing an egg hunt as well.. some candy, some trinkets.. I also have been planning our Easter dinner.. I know it will just be my family of 4..  But I want it to be special.. such a special day.. We will be having Ham and all the fixings.. I then recently found out you can bake a football or Egg shaped cake using the Pampered Chef batter bowl.. so I will be working on that as well.. PHEW.. Im exhausted already...What fun things do you have planned??
What Traditions are important to you for this holiday??

Much Love and Blessings on this Monday

Shanun











Comments

Popular Posts