Spice-tacular New Spice Storage

Happy Tuesday all..

Sadly yet happily we have more snow.. bummed because I thought we were done.. SO DONE in fact that there wasn't an ounce of snow on my property.. however we had about 3-4 inches overnight and are expected to get upwards up 6 throughout the day.. BOOO however on a happy note at least it looks fluffy and pretty.. :)

Well.. yesterday I showed my Kitchen re-organization reveal.. I thought it came out nicely for me and how I work in the kitchen..

I did show you a photo of my new spice storage..

Head on over to Iheartorganizing to see where I was inspired to do this..


iheartorganizing Spicy Spice Storage

I did not come up with this idea on my own.. One of Jen's features is a readers spot.. someone who follows her blog did..

however this was how I made/constructed my new spice storage




First I hit up Walmart.. Where I picked up a case of 4oz jelly jars..
While at Walmart I picked up a can of Red Spray paint (I already had chalk spray paint from a few other projects.




I took apart the jars and kept the glass parts out of range of any stray spray paint.. I laid the Seals out and spray painted those with the chalk paint.




Painted and ready to dry



I then took the screw on part of the lid and spray painted those red.. I did all this the day before I wanted to use them so they could cure overnight. This makes it so they are not tacky.




AFTER everything was dry I re-assembled the jars..



In the article I posted the link to, the gal uses a Bistro Chalk marker.. however I was hard pressed to find a fine point Chalk Marker of any kind or brand ANYWHERE in Southern NH.. soo I improvised.. I took my eyeliner pencil sharpener and sharpened up some chalk so I could write the names of the spices on each seal




I took all my spices out and put them with a jar.. this way I would not lose track of what was what.



Here is a finished jar..



And Last but not least the FINAL product.. as you may remember from yesterdays post.. this used to be a very messy silverware drawer.. which now houses: Spices, Seasoning packets and treat toppings... LOVE how it turned out.. and It was nice to find a fun way to add my Kitchens Red Accent color into the space..



TOTAL PROJECT COST

4oz Jelly Jars- $7.47
1 can Red Krylon Spray Paint- 4.47
1 can Chalkboard Spray Paint- Free
Spices- Free
Chalk- Stole from  my Daughters Art area..

TOTAL = $11.94

NOW.. I dont think this is to bad.. I have been looking to buy some kind of spice storage which are generally $20.00 and Up.. so I thought this was a pretty good deal.. and much more "ME" than any spice holders I could find.



Much Love and Blessings

Shanun

Comments

Popular Posts