My NON-Wreaths..

Hey all.. Happy Tuesday..

WELL.. my son was feeling a bit better today so we took a trip to Hobby Lobby and Staples to get the last things I needed for some half done projects..

In case your wondering.. He perked up well and actually had a little bit of an appetite for lunch.. Hoping this is the end of the sickies for the Carey Household.. I'M OVER IT..


WELL.. back to the point.

Some of you have commented on my NON Wreath on the front of my house..

Up until today it still had a sprig of Fall Foliage Leaves  on it..lol.. ALLLLL I needed to do was pick up a green leaf garland and be done with it..lol.. Its actually a very easy wreath to make and change out each season.



Here's what I started with


This is an I DUNNO what size open frame from Hobby Lobby.. which PS.. they are always 50% off.. so when you see the 20$ price tag.. DON'T FREAK.. this is cheaper than you think.

I then used my 40% off coupon from hobby lobby on a Black Letter.. "C" being what I chose as we are the "Carey's"

This past fall I had hubby use fishing line to tie it up.. you can see on the left,  bottom and top where he strung them up.
Now.. I'm sure there is a better way to hang the letter.. but I wanted it done and sturdy so it would stay in the same spot all the time. All the other ways I tried the letter turned or slid to one side. And lets be honest. From a passer's perspective.. They cant see the fishing line.

SO once that is strung up all that's left to do is put on your greenery and flowers, Or maybe your using Burlap.. I have NO clue..lol.




I landed a small cream Hydrangea stem and the other tall stem (no clue what its supposed to resemble.) for 50% off, then I used my 40% off coupon on the long greenery garland.

I cut off the tags, and wrapped, wrapped, and wrapped the garland and the stem.. I also suggest keeping the silver thumb tacks on hand.. I was able to tack down some of the stems for better durability..


And HERE is the finished product..

Close up.


From the side walk..


SOOO whatcha think?? 

I'm telling you.. the first time you make it takes the longest, As you have to string up the letter.. But this time around switching it from Fall to spring.. 15 minutes tops to wrap the garland and flowers..
THAT is a wreath I can deal with.. And best part is.. the only thing I'm storing, Is the garland. I have a spot for this stuff so it works out for me, but next fall Ill just pull out the foliage leaves and be done..

SUPER simple..


ANOTHER NON WREATH idea I mentioned was an Instagram wreath..
I saw it HERE



HERE is what I did to replicate it..




Heres what you need
1- Instagram account
2- Head to Foxgram.com and link your account.. You will need 9-12 photos depending on which way the frame goes.. Portrait or Landscape.- Photos- $4 (includes shipping)
3- 8x10 Frame-$10 at hobby lobby
4- Picture hanging wire- $3 at hobby lobby
5- Something to cut the picture wire with
6- Thumb Tacks .99cents.. Dollar store
7- Packing Tape- 99cents- dollar store
8- Wreathe Hanger $2- hobby lobby

First I went to Staples and had them Laminate all my photos. DON'T LISTEN to them when they say they cant fir them all on one sheet.. THEY CAN and its $2.99 for the whole sheet

THEN I cut the photos.


When they come from foxgram they are in little 3x3 squares. when they get laminated you will see a little air bubble around each photo.. Cut AROUND that little bubble. If your hanging this on a outside door you will want the photos protected.



After I had the photos cut out I kind of eye balled where the wire should go.. I then pushed a pin on the frame and wrapped the excess wire around. PULL tight.. Its hard but if it slacks to much it will look silly.. I TRIED IT..lol

After that I laid out the photos how I wanted them. I then took packaging tape and taped OVER the wire in the back.. I say use packaging tape because its pretty darn durable..



And here we have the finished project.. By using tape I can change the photos out whenever I want.. As I get better ones or different ones.. or as the seasons change.. You can put whatever you want..



SOOOO those are my NON wreath- Wreaths.. I have one in the front of my house and on the side door.. woo hoo..


I feel good.. a few projects done that I have just been hemming and hawing about finishing.. DONEZO..


now back to real life.. I have a  messy kitchen and need to prep dinner..lol


Much Love and Blessings

Shanun







Comments

Popular Posts