SICK of a SICKIE Bed...

Hey all, HAPPY MONDAY..

Trying to plug through the day with a sick lil boy on my hands..

Ive been  outside in the sun since Thursday.. Everyday I have found some time to go out and enjoy.. ITS GOT ME SUPER CHARGED.. I swear if you don't feel like doing anything I highly suggest hanging out in the sun for a while each day..

MY PROBLEM is this.. I have all this energy and motivation but my son needs me to be nurse mommy who snuggles and cuddles and watches sicky time movies (when I CANT really STAND watching tv anymore) I TRIED.. I even took a nap on the couch this morning with both kiddos..

however nap time approached and both kids were resting.. I cant really do everything I wanted to do on my GOALS list for the day but I'm getting some unexpected things done..

I spent my 15 minutes in rooms on the first floor and since our old washer died and we got a new one with 1000 different settings I thought I would see if I could get the color out of my white sheets..
Thanks to my  nice grey on one side BRIGHT red on the other duvet I now how tinged sheets.. hoping a little bleach and the magic that is the "SHEETS" setting on my new washer will get me white sheets again..lol.

I decided to wash sheets because I realized its been 2 weeks since they were last washed and I needed something productive to do that didn't involve a lot of work.. SHEETS are perfect.. not only do you get something done.. you sleep with  nice crisp sheets when its time for bed..at the end of the day when you felt like you didn't get anything done you can lay on your sheets and go.. AWWWW YES.. I did something and the payoff is great.. Can you tell I have a thing for clean sheets..lol

HOWEVER.. I took my sheets off and our 3 year old mattress is looking kind of sad..

I kept seeing this pin on pinterest about baking soda and fabric softener or essential oils???

EVERY pin I kept seeing didn't really explain anything.. then TODAY.. why snuggling with my son and pinning at the same time I found a great pin on how to do it..

SOOO here we go..

we have been sick all winter and I wash and wash my sheets because nothing is worse than SICKY sheets.. but what about your mattress... DON'T NEGLECT..

these pins claim the baking soda helps clean your mattress.. I don't know if I believe that but the smell will be amazing..




OK.. so here is what you need... (pardon my chicken that's for dinner thawing in the sink)  You need a clean jar or container.. I happen to save a HUGE spaghetti sauce jar from food I made for a party... You also need about 1 cup of Baking Soda, and 1 TBSP of fabric softener or essential oil.. You can get the oils at walmart for a couple bucks.. but i Have my ALL TIME fav smelling fabric softener handy so I used that.. You also need some kind of strainer or sifter.. 

pour the cup of Baking soda in your container.
then ADD 1 tbsp of your oil or softener.. 
SHAKE WELL..

then head to your mattress with the mixture and sifter in hand..

I just dumped the mixture in my sifter and then sifted it alllll onto the bed..

LEAVE the sifted mixture on your mattress for an hour of 2.. then take your vacuum hose and clean up.. the smell is AMAZING.. I seriously cant wait to crawl into bed with clean sheets and a nice smelling mattress..

As I said I don't really know if it cleans your mattress.. its just laying on top of the mattress.. but it will smell nice...


There you have it.. A PINTEREST TESTED and APPROVED..


Hope your all having a wonderful Monday.. as I'm finishing this post  my daughter came downstairs and I hear my sicky son over the baby monitor waking up.. HE SOUNDS HAPPY.. woo hoo.. hoping this bug passes quickly..


Much Love and Blessings


Shanun

Comments

Popular Posts