See a Need, Fill A Need

Hey all..

Happy Monday.. SO far I'm managing to avoid a typical case of the Monday's.. kids up and dressed.. I'm showered and sort of dressed.. if you count Yoga Pants and a tank top dressed .lol.


We had a busy holiday weekend.. Saw the fireworks last Wednesday.. then a swim day Thursday.. Friday I was just incredibly pooped out, so Hubby took our daughter (5) to her first movie theater experience.. she was all excited to see Monster University  but ended up seeing Despicable me 2.. she had a blast and cant wait to go again.. Saturday I decided to do an impromptu DIY project I've been wanting to do for a couple summers now.. then Yesterday I sang on my churches worship team so I was at church all day.. we relaxed at home and prepped ourselves for the week ahead..


What did you all do for the 4th? hopefully everyone had a blast and fun.. I know we did even though its been in the 90's and humid as all get out..

Onto Saturdays Project..

Here are some incredibly old Adirondack chairs.. I have had these bad boys since I was 18.. so 11 years.. 11 years of use, weather and hold up..




They are in pretty sturdy condition still.. only one small crack on the bottom of one of the feet.. but nothing that should keep us from years of future use.. You can see here in this close up how weathered these bad boys are..
Amazes me that it didn't annoy me enough sooner to get this project done.




I got a bucket with some warm soapy water and washed and scrubbed them very well.. then stuck them in that patch of sun in the back and let them dry for quite a while.. ALWAYS let things get fully dry before you apply any paint or primer.. 



I am all about the lowest cost.. SO I had some leftover plastic drop clothes in the basement from our bathroom update.. laid it out and got to work..




I picked a Rustoleum Paint and Primer in 1 spray paint color called. "COLONIAL RED"
 Everything in my home minus the accents in my kitchen are all neutral tones.. I wanted something that would pop a bit.. so this color worked well for me..

I see a lot of them on pinterest where people went super crazy and do like yellow or orange.. maybe Ill be more brave next time.. I just wanted some life back in the guys..

I started with the back first.. I also for my last project of spray painting purchased a 3$ handle you pop on the can.. its called a Trigger I think.. anyway, saves your hand from cramping due to pushing that little spray top down.. easy to pop on and off the can for use whenever you want.. also helps it spray evenly I think.. Again as goes with all painting projects the worst part is the dry/wait time.. This paint takes a bit longer than the basic rustoleum due to being paint and primer in 1.. instead of 20 minutes dry time its about 30-40.. so not crazy but never as fast as I hope..lol..




Here is a closer picture of the finished product.. I wish I had got a better picture of the seat part.. you would never know it was as weathered as it was.. the WHOLE chair looks like I just  bought it.. LOVE IT..



I also from our front yard set which we never sit in (and will soon be re painted as well) stole the little matching table and just went to town on it.. it was originally a tan color..

These chairs sit in our back yard.. near where hubbies grilling area is.. that way we can sit and chat when he is cooking.. or late in the evening we start a fire and can just sit and chat after the kiddos go to bed.. 


One Last look for you all...


Now.. the cost of this project isn't pennies.. but it isn't crazy dollars either.. 

You need about 2 cans of spray paint for each chair.. I had enough leftover to spray paint the little table and still a bit in 1 can for touch ups as the seasons come and go..

Chairs- FREE =had for years
Drop Cloth = FREE leftover from another project.. but I recall the plastic ones come in packs of 3 for about 3$ at your local home depot
4 cans of Colonial red. $3.87 a can x 4 = $15.48

SOOO  last year I purchased my 2 tan chairs the same style for 16$ a chair.. SO for the cost of 1 brand new chair you can have 2 chairs any color you like 

really happy with how they came out.. and was happy to get my tan on while doing the project...


Much Love and Blessings on this Monday-
Shanun

Comments

Popular Posts